This weekend I felt good enough to take the kids to the park on both Saturday and Sunday. This gave poor Zac a break, and he was able to get a bunch of things done around the house.
On Saturday afternoon I took them to our local Dragon Park, where they played happily for a few hours. I mostly sat on a bench near where they were playing. I was even able to read a book a little bit.
On Sunday I took them to Jack Smith park for about five hours. Simon rode his bike most of the time, while Alice scootered around and played games with other kids. It was a gorgeous day, and it was so nice to just be outside in the sun. I packed a picnic lunch for everyone, and many snacks. I just set up my chair in the middle of a grassy area, and I stayed there eating almost constantly (gotta gain weight! plus I'm starving all the time), plus reading a bit more of my book when I could.
Because I've barely taken the kids anywhere for several months, I can appreciate the changes that have occurred that now make excursions so much easier:
1) Nobody needs a nap anymore, so we can stay at the park until supper time without any issues.
2) The kids and I can all finally eat sandwiches (Simon likes PB&J, while Alice eats meat and cheese). This means when we're out and about they can get a proper lunch. Before we'd just give them snacks all day which is not good.3) They mostly know how to behave and interact at the playground, so I don't need to pay much attention to them. This means I have a chance to read a little bit.
Things are finally looking up!