Sunday, November 11, 2018

Out and About

Since I've been feeling good enough to be out and about again, I'm taking the kids somewhere every weekend and booking as many play dates as possible, before I have my second surgery. I don't know how to describe how good it feels to just be normal again, and to be able to get out and about again.

On Sunday I met our friend Robyn and her three boys at the Durham science museum.  I failed to take many pictures because I was enjoying chatting with Robyn while the kids all played.  I did manage to take this one picture of Simon, who was so happy because he found a bed in a tree trunk where he could take a nap.


The last time I was at this place was Alice's birthday (June 13) when I brought her and Parker here. It was pretty much the last time I went anywhere before my health got so bad that I didn't want to even leave the house.  And I remember that it was a pretty hard day for me, but I still wanted Alice to have a nice birthday.  So it was nice to come here again and have energy and none of the suffering I had before.