Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A proper walk - first time in a long time

I cannot explain how good it feels to be able to walk again. Today I finally felt confident enough in my strength that I did the full greenway path. This has always been my favorite walk, but I haven't done it in about five months. There were so many days when I honestly couldn't fathom that I had ever been able to walk this far (it's about 3 miles). It just seemed so impossible, when I would be exhausted just walking from my front door to the car, or from my car to my classroom. It was so horrible being anemic in addition to everything else that was wrong with me, and to not have hope that I would ever get better. Now I am gaining weight easily and I can feel that I am getting stronger every day. I don't trudge around like a zombie anymore; I can do a proper walk!