Sera: Ok, get in your chair and I'll give you one.
Simon: I don't want a pickle.
Sera: Ok.
Simon: I do want a pickle!
Sera: Ok, sit in your chair and I'll give you one.
Simon: No! I don't want a pickle.
Sera: Ok.
Simon: I want a pickle.
See how tedious and redundant this is already? This conversation repeated at least a dozen times. This nonsense is a special form of torture for me.
Here is another example:
Simon says he's cold so I get a jacket to put on him. When it is halfway on him, he complains and says he doesn't want a jacket because he's not cold. So I take it off. Then, he says he is cold and he wants the jacket so I put it back on him. A minute later he notices it is not zipped up and he asks me to zip it up, but specifies he doesn't want it up to his neck. I zip it to the proper height. He wears it for a few minutes then wants it off, saying he isn't cold.
It's like this all the time. It must be so confusing to be this age, to not know what you want.
However, sometimes things in life are perfectly clear to him. Consider this recent conversation:
Sera: What's this all over your shirt?
Simon: It's marker!
Sera: Oh? What were you coloring at school?
Simon: My shirt!