Friday, May 6, 2016

Mother's Day in Simon's class

Friday morning was the Mother's Day celebration in Simon's class. There wasn't a program for this one like there was in Alice's class. The moms just crammed into tiny chairs around tiny tables and ate breakfast with their kids. Impressively, Simon didn't totally freak out, and actually sat in his chair and ate some fruit and muffin.


But, being a two year old, he then proceeded to play under the table with his friend Townes.


Then he presented me with the mother's day gift. I already knew it was something involving pink paint, based on the pair of shorts that were ruined because they had non-washable pink paint all over them. Simon hates having anything on his hands, so he must have tried to wipe it on his shorts immediately after having it pressed on the canvas.


Instead of having the kids do a song for us, the teachers played a video of the kids singing the song. I guess they were tired of training the kids for weeks to only have them freak out and not perform on the big day. Although having them sing it for us while we were there would have been way cuter, the video was probably a good solution.



Before I left, I asked Simon to pick some work to show me. He chose the flower work, although in his eyes, it was a volcano.


After giving him hugs and kisses goodbye, I managed to get him distracted showing his show and share car to his friends, so I was able to sneak out without a breakdown. This was an especially impressive feat given that Simon's currently specialty is breakdowns.