Simon doesn't want to eat, sometimes. So we developed a trick, which works sometimes, where we pretend he is an owl and the food on his plate is a mouse. It doesn't always work very well, especially since showing the kids a video of a owls barfing up owl pellets.
I wish I had started this video earlier. Simon had been battling with this plate of grapes for a couple of minutes before I began recording. But you get the idea.
And yes, all of these videos amount to our shortcomings as parents. Did I think I'd let my child throw away a plate of grapes? Of course not. But he's germy and you don't know which ones he's put in his mouth and spit out as owl pellets and you have to get the kid in the bath sometime, so here we have it: Simon is throwing away perfectly good grapes.