Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Acting like a 4 year old

Zac and I were in the bedroom discussing birthday plans, when we heard Alice's door open. We waited a minute, then I went out to see what was going on. She had brought her musicial light-up seahorse with her for protection, and was in the bathroom.  When I looked at her for explanation, she said proudly, "I'm acting like a four-year-old." I asked what that meant. She said, "It means I'm going to the bathroom at night, then I'm going right back to bed!"

I was worried she'd gotten it into her head that she was going to get up at night now, and this was just some excuse, so I was quite relieved when she actually had a quite large bowel movement. She did go right back to bed, but then a few minutes later came out again, now saying she had to tinkle and that the bumps in her back (her shoulder blades) itched. She did seem to have a bit of heat rash, so I put some powder on her back and sent her back to bed, this time with a sheet instead of her warm blanket. She stayed put the rest of the night.