Monday, June 29, 2015

Alice's first guitar lesson

The music teacher at Alice's school offers guitar lessons to the kids for an extra fee. We hadn't signed Alice up for the last couple of years because I thought she was too young and wouldn't take it seriously, plus I'm cheap, plus I like to rebel against the trend of over-scheduling children. 

But Alice had watched with great interest and envy as her friends got guitar lessons, and had personally expressed interest in trying it, so at the end-of-year celebration, I mentioned to Sandra that if there was a spot open, we'd put Alice in guitar lessons this year.

The following Monday, Alice came home and told me she'd got a sticker for following directions in her guitar lesson.

I have no delusions that she'll be a musical prodigy, but I think it will be good for her to go through the process of learning a specific skill. And she seems to be loving it.