Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Slush day

The schools were closed for a second day, due to the prevalence of ice on the roads.  Zac went in to work though, so it was just the kids and I.  The day started off a bit rough as Alice took two hours to eat her toast.  I took this picture with the clock on the background to show that it is 11am and Alice is still at the breakfast table.  The only breakfast Alice reliably eats is oatmeal, but sometimes she will ask for other things.  I figured since we didn't have to rush off anywhere, toast would be fine. It turns out she likes the idea of toast much better than the reality.


We eventually made it out to play, but by then most of the snow had melted in the bright sunshine.



I told Alice if she took a good nap, we could make popcorn when she woke up and she could eat it while watching Dora.  She took a good nap, had fun helping make the popcorn, and in true American fashion, did a great job eating while watching TV.


That evening, Alice went into the bathroom just as Simon was coming out of the bath. She wanted to style his hair, and it looked pretty cute when she was done with it.