Monday, February 16, 2015

Questions before bed

Our spy cameras that we use as baby-monitors have the capability of recording video. Unbeknownst to me, while Alice and I were snuggling on the couch before bed, and having a typical nighttime conversation, Zac had set the camera to record it.  I'm glad he did, because it is a pretty good representation of Alice's nighttime ramblings.  I had a bad cold, and I was really tired, so I lacked the motivation to keep things moving along, and I indulged in her talking far longer than normal.  For most of the conversation, I'm fighting off sleep.  Notice how wiggly she is though.  Also, our heads are chopped off because Zac didn't want to move the spy camera.  A rough transcript of some of the things Alice says follows the video.


Mama, why can't we have [spaghetti] right now?

And I just don't like to eat the sun.

Mama, I'm gonna do it backwards: Pluto, Mercury, Uranus, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Earth, Mercury, Venus, Venus, Mercury.

Saturn's the most biggest because it has the rings.

I like it when it's fall, so I can have colored leaves.

Why do some trees keep their leaves in winter?

Why do bears like berries?

Do we have any more juice mangos?

Friday and Saturday are special days...because Friday is show and share and we get pizza and Saturday I get to go to the park.

Why do you watch me on the spy camera?

Mama, I don't go to sleep at nap time at school...

Mommy, you need to trim my nails...they're very pointy.

This is uncomfortable...

Blah blah mannequins lay like this...

If you have a dragon for a pet, you must train it.

I made a long stack, look, Mama.

But next morning it's going to be sunny...maybe it's gonna be still icy.

Mama, but, mama, I have a question: Why do you dragons breathe fire?

Telephone...at grandpa Shogren's house, in Ohio.

Sweet dreams.