Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Two kids, back at home...

On Tuesday, Alice's first full day at home since the vacation in Ohio, she burned through three activities by 10:30 am.




We always do art during Simon's nap, and she also did three things: stamping, painting, and playdoh.  I was impressed by how long she stayed sitting at the table working: about two hours.  This was good for me because I had a sore throat and was feeling quite achy.  I did use the time to reorganize some drawers though.  

Simon took a really long nap, and so he was still asleep when it was time for Alice's nap.  I tried to lay down for a bit while their naps overlapped, but Alice didn't actually sleep.  Instead, although she had refused to go potty before her nap, she suddenly let loose an extremely full bladder, surpassing the capabilities of her pull-up.  I got up to change her sheets and her clothes.  Then she said she wanted more lunch.  By the time I put her down again, she was under the impression she had already taken a nap (laying down in bed and tinkling everywhere apparently counts as a nap in her world).  So she just sang and shouted and jumped the whole time.

Simon soon woke up and the reason for his long nap became clear: he had a fever.  While thankful he didn't get sick in Ohio, I wasn't ready for another sick kid, especially since I wasn't feeling well myself.