Parker came over for a playdate on Tuesday. The kids helped me clean up the house a bit in the morning and we made a run to the grocery store, then Parker came around 11:30. I had envisioned she and Alice would play all day and I would have some free time, but it turned out to be a high-maintenance day. Normally we have leftovers for lunch, but whenever Parker comes for lunch, I make fish sticks and macaroni and cheese. Not tons of work, but more than normal. I also boiled eggs so that we could dye them later.
After lunch, we did the egg dying and decorating. I'd found some kits at the grocery store that morning that looked promising. The colors worked really well, but the stickers and decorations did not. The kids had fun anyway.
Then, after I cleaned up all the egg stuff, I made the kids a fire with s'mores in the back yard.
Later, after Parker left, Elli came over and she and Simon played with the kinetic sand. It made a big mess on the floor (as it always does), but at least they cleaned it up.
A side effect of the sand is that even after we sweep it up, it leaves the linoleum floor really slippery. Unfortunately, this resulted in Alice having an epic wipe-out while carrying the cups we'd used for egg dying to the sink.