On Thursday evening, Alice and Simon's school had their annual International Festival. It is a great evening showcasing the amazing diversity of this region. Each class researches a country and makes a poster about it. Parents bring in food from the different countries. And new this year, cultural performances on the stage in the gym. Although the event isn't actually that exciting, I love the concept of it so much. I almost teared up when I was there just thinking of the beauty of bringing people together from so many backgrounds and embracing the diversity. Given all the vitriol towards immigrants and minorities spewed by Trump and his cronies, it is so heartening to be in an environment that appreciates cultural diversity. I'm so glad the kids get to go to this school where they are friends with people from all sort of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Here's Simon being silly with some of his classmates:
We also saw his kindergarten teachers, Ms. Liso, recently back from her maternity leave. She mentioned how surprised she was when she came back and Simon was "out of his shell."
Alice and Parker watching the performances.
Parker's third grade class got to do a dance with the drummers. I'm so proud of my 3rd child!