For Easter this year, we told the kids to wait until 8:30 to do the egg hunt. They were supposed to stay up in their rooms until then. They did a good job, except Alice said that Simon snuck downstairs.
After celebrating this bizarre tradition at home, we headed out to Izzy's for the big Easter gathering there. Simon immediately got busy with the bubble bucket and some boy.
After the hunt, it was time to open the eggs and discover what candy and toys they earned.
In another part of the yard, Izzy this year invented a chick hunt, where they searched for peeps after lunch.
The kids had a great time, as always! Around 2pm we headed home and Grandpa Arcaro came over to spend Easter with us (Ami and the kids were in Florida).
That evening after supper we celebrated my official birthday with a delicious chocolate cake that Zac made.
I think it's fitting that this is the first year my birthday fell on Easter Sunday. My year of being 38 was terrible, and I certainly feel revived at 39 -- almost like I've risen from the dead.