Saturday, April 20, 2019

Sera's birthday presents

Since my birthday is on Easter Sunday this year, we decided to celebrate on Saturday (while still saving the cake for the official day on Sunday).

Alice made me a birthday banner out of the inside paper tube of a role of wrapping paper.


Zac made delicious pancakes for breakfast.


We opened gifts.  Alice made me a pink 3-D platypus (my spirit animal).



Simon wrapped up two pencils, a role of tape, and a sparkly golden pen for me.


Zac, as always, got me a thoughtful selection of things we needed and a few fun things.


Alice and I have matching hair curls!



The kids struggled a little to play the game, but we can do it just for fun.


I asked Simon if he could read his shirt. After he did, he asked what it meant. When I explained what a "born legend" was, he asked, "Mom, how did my shirt know that about me?"


But the best present I got was the backyard play area and swings, which I'd been wanting for a long time in a vague sort of "I wish we had something fun for the kids in our backyard" way. Zac did a great job making my vague vision happen!