This weekend, I invited Andrea's kids over to play so she could have a break for the afternoon, then come back to join us for supper. I asked her to send the kids with extra clothes in case they got muddy (last time Zac took them to the creek). I had no idea they would get this muddy. I just took them down to the pond, but they found a mud flat and Murphy got a little carried away.
Simon mostly played along the shoreline with some tadpoles. He couldn't quite keep up with how quickly the bigger kids changed venues (from the island to the tunnels to the mud flat) plus Simon has an attention span and can play in one place for quite a long time. It was really hard for me to keep an eye on all four kids.
Alice also got stuck in the mud flat, but didn't enjoy it. So once she extracted herself from the muck, she busied herself dissecting an onion plant.
Back at the house, we made everyone take showers and change clothes. Andrea came back and gave us rides in her new Tesla (which was awesome). The kids actually played games in the living room, completely unsupervised by adults. It was a miracle.