Saturday, February 13, 2016

Simple Saturday, with cupcakes


On Saturday, it was sunny but very cold by North Carolina standards (high of 30). So we kept it simple. After breakfast and a morning snack, Zac and Simon went to Kroger to get groceries, while Alice and I went to the library to get a fresh batch of books.

Alice is really into the Avengers right now, so she was super excited that I had requested two Avengers books. Usually I just pick books off the shelf (a long and arduous process) but every once in a while, I will use the library search engine and request a bunch of books. It saves time, but since I can't personally vet the books (pictures, storyline, words-per-page) it can be kind of hit or miss. I have to say I'm getting better at judging a book by its cover, though, and I'm also able to find authors of other books that we've enjoyed, so there is a way to increase my chances of getting decent books.

After we got back from the library, Alice and I made a batch of cupcakes. Then after lunch and naps, Zac and the kids put frosting on them.