Monday, February 1, 2016

Ba-boo!


Simon has been playing this game with me in various forms for a very long time. The original formula was that Simon would say, "Close your eyes please, Mommy" and I would close them. Then he would say, "Open your eyes, Mommy!" and I would open them suddenly in a dramatic way and he would be startled and giggle. He would always want to play this came at the table.

Then, at some point it mutated. A week or so ago, I was laying on the couch, nearly falling asleep. Simon said he was going to sleep on the other couch, so I closed my eyes and tried to get a thirty second nap. The next thing I knew, Simon was in my face saying something, and had startled me.  And a new version of the game was born. In it's most complex form, it involves a reenactment of the initial startling event, where I have to lay on the couch and close my eyes, and then Simon will lay on the other couch, then get back up and sneak over to me (I'm pretending to sleep) and then shout "Ba-boo!" right in my face while I pretend to be startled. We do this over and over.

So then this new game got transferred back up to the table, which is documented above, where I close my eyes and Simon tries to startle me. We had already played it a dozen times before I started the video, so this is a more subdued version.