To her credit, Alice did a pretty good job staying with Grayson most of the time. Zac stayed with Simon, and I visited with Lindsey and Brent while Grayson and Alice ran around. It was the first time that I was just able to visit and not worry about the kids too much, since Alice and Grayson stayed together and we stationed ourselves at a picnic table where we could easily see if they left the vicinity. I still dream of a day when I can sit on a park bench and read a book while the kids play, and today made me think that dream might just come true in the not so distant future.
Simon in the sand (above). Can you spot him?
After the kids grew tired of the playground, we took a short walk up the greenway, where they played in a ditch for a while.