| Simon puts a piece of deli meat on his head and asks, "Do you like my hat?" |
Simon's personality is becoming more and more evident. I know I shouldn't compare the kids, but we only ever know anything by comparison, so compared to Alice, Simon is much sillier. He seems to love jokes, and picks up on them right away. I remember a long time ago he was making weird noises at the table, and I asked him if he was a monkey. Without missing a beat, he said, "No, I'm a duck. Quack! Quack!" Whereas Alice is much more serious and literal. When she hoots and I call her a monkey, she will say, very sternly, "Mom, I'm not a monkey. Monkeys have ears on the sides of their head that stick out, but my ears are flat and point backwards." I can tell she will write great essays in high school with lots of specific supporting evidence. Simon might be the class clown.
Simon loves to play little games. He will hide his purple puff ball in the hole made by the couch hideabed handle, then come ask very seriously, "Where's my purple ball?" When I profess that it must be lost, he retrieves it and happily declares, "I found it!" Then he repeats this a bunch of times.
When he eats popcorn, he pretends the little pieces are saying, "Don't eat me! Don't eat me!"
Once I commented that his fingers were like raisins after the bath, and now every time he gets out from the bath he studies his fingers and says, with a big grin, "Do you want to eat my raisins?"
Once I commented that his fingers were like raisins after the bath, and now every time he gets out from the bath he studies his fingers and says, with a big grin, "Do you want to eat my raisins?"
One time in the car ride back from Ohio, Simon said, "Mommy, can you tickle me?" Often after a bath he will ask to have his tummy tickled.
Zac reports that he and Simon developed a little game when they read the Red Truck book. Simon will pick a different color every time, and Zac has to read the whole book as if the truck is that color, and if Zac messes up and accidentally reverts to calling it Red Truck, Simon will correct him.
Zac reports that he and Simon developed a little game when they read the Red Truck book. Simon will pick a different color every time, and Zac has to read the whole book as if the truck is that color, and if Zac messes up and accidentally reverts to calling it Red Truck, Simon will correct him.
The only downside is that he often views going to timeout as a fun little game.