Sunday, January 24, 2016

Alice at the trampoline park

Sunday afternoon was Henry's birthday party at the Launchpad trampoline park. I'd heard of these, but we had never actually been to one yet. Zac took Alice, and I stayed home with Simon.

Zac says that first the kids had to watch a safety video with a stick-figure that ends up breaking some bones. This scared Alice a bit, but Zac says he eventually convinced her that that would only happen to adults and that she would be safe if she obeyed the rules.


There was a large jumping area.


Another area where you could jump into foam blocks (like a diving board, I guess). Zac says Alice would just bounce on the trampoline, then stand at the edge and jump in. In online videos, you can see that you are supposed to do flips and crazy jumps into the foam.


Another area was for dodge-ball.


When Alice got worn out, she and Anna went to the arcade. They weren't actually playing the games, but they still had fun pretending.


After an hour of jumping, the kids retired to the party room for pizza and cake.