Friday, July 10, 2015

Day 10: Fish ponds, Krispy Kreme, home

Friday morning, our last day of the journey, we woke up early and had time to tour the fish ponds before heading home. The kids really liked seeing all of the fish up-close.





Around 9:30 am we began our journey home. We had our traditional stop at the Krispy Kreme donut shop in Charleston.  The only problem is that apparently they share a birthday with my dad, and to celebrate had a buy one get one for 79 cents deal on their boxes of donuts, so the store was packed and there was a long line.  But traditions must be followed, so we waited it out and achieved our donuts.



We arrived home around supper time. We'd had a great trip, but we were glad to be back home. I said what I say every time: I wish we didn't live so far away!