
We got about 3-4 inches of snow overnight, so the schools were closed again today. Zac stayed home in the morning too, to wait for the roads to be cleared. Alice, who normally takes forever to get out the door, was chomping at the bit to go out and play in the snow. She was actually the first one ready, while Zac and I were still digging out our warm gloves and layers. We don't have a sled, and the little hill in our yard goes straight down to the street, so we didn't sled. She wanted to make a snowman, but the snow was too powdery. Instead, she just walked around in the snow, made snow angels, took her mittens on and off, carried around the occasional snowball that Zac or I compacted, and helped us brush off the cars. After a while, I got the sandcastle buckets and shovels off the porch and we made snow castles. It actually worked quite well--much better than sand. After a while, the cold (20 degrees) got to us and we went in.
Back inside, all warmed up!