Monday, December 16, 2013

She likes it!

Alice and I enjoyed a nice breakfast together this morning.  She is eating Life cereal and ate the whole bowl without mess or fuss or videos.  Breakfast has been an ongoing challenge as she will like something for a while and then abruptly grow tired of it. She had earlier asked for oatmeal but then changed her mind and I ate the oatmeal. (Oatmeal is a problem because I have to cook it before I get her dressed so it will have time to cool.) 

We are walking the fine line between giving into the capricious demands of a two year old and treating her like the rational person (who might change her mind) she is slowly becoming.  We usually stick to a plan so she will know that her every whim and demand will not be met.  But the oatmeal looked good and anyway I had made it a bit soupy.  Hopefully I won't come to regret the choice - I certainly didn't this morning.
-Zac