Saturday, October 5, 2013

Jordan Lake

Today was a great day.

It started with Zac and Alice's routine of making the coffee together:


After breakfast, I took Alice with me to the grocery store while Simon slept on Zac.  The whole way there, every store or house we passed, Alice asked, "Is that the grocery store?" and I replied "Nope."  Thankfully it's only about 10 minutes to the store.  Alice behaved incredibly well (this is not always the case on grocery store trips.)  We looked at the pumpkins and scarecrows (oddly placed above snowmen) at the entrance to the store, and also spent some time in the Halloween aisle, much to Alice's delight.  She was particularly interested in the large spiders.


I bought fried chicken at the store, and we gave Alice a whole leg for the first time ever.  She did a great job and ate everything but the bone and gristle (as documented in this little video clip).


After lunch, she asked to take a nap (which was the plan anyway, but I like it when she also realizes she needs a nap).  Simon also had some lunch, after napping all morning, and was all smiles afterwards.


Then, since the weather was unusually hot (projected high of 90), we decided to go to Jordan Lake and let Alice get in one last swim.  We went swimming a lot at the beginning of the summer, but hadn't gone since Simon was born.  Alice did great.  She's not shy about the water, and will continue playing even as her lips turn blue from cold.