As I looked through the pictures from our little hike at Hemlock Bluffs, I was initially disappointed that so many of them were blurry. Granted, the day was cloudy and we were in a forest, so there wasn't much light, but we'd splurged on an expensive SLR camera in order to get good shots of Alice. But as I thought about it, I realized that if we only had good, clear shots of her, that would mean she was just standing there doing nothing. So I'm embracing my blurry child -- it means she is a girl who is in motion, who is eagerly and excitedly moving through the world.
Much of the trail at Hemlock Bluffs is a board walk, and she loves running on the "bridges.
Click here for some video footage of this girl in motion.
She loves Hemlock Bluffs because she gets to go down (and later, up) a bunch of stairs.