Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Second Swim Meet

 Zac and I celebrated our 19 years of marriage by taking the kids to their second swim meet. They did well, as in they swam their events. Alice had a problem with her 25 free because she got it in her head that she was in heat 2, even although she was heat 1, so she missed her event, although she did swim it in the next heat. Alice won first place for her 25 backstroke. I DQd her for breaststroke because she had a flutter kick. She did butterfly for the first time (since she missed her heat for free, Angel gave her butterfly as a punishment) but she got disqualified by the other stroke and turn judge. She was in the far lane so I couldn't see well enough to know what she did wrong, but I suspect it was her kick. Once she learns to do the strokes properly I think things will get better. It's all about learning this year.

Simon is still learning how to swim, but he was pretty happy to get some participation ribbons at this meet. And his relay got first place, so that was fun. All in all, things are going well with the great swim team experiment.





The kids get their ribbons at the practice following the meet, so here's Alice with her first 1st Place ribbon in 25 backstroke. She takes after me, as being double jointed seems to help in backstroke.