We had our annual trip to Falls Lake for camping this weekend. We were joined by Andrea with her two boys, Robyn with her three boys, Jess + Rosa and Anna, and Lindsey, Brent, Grayson and Brie came down from Virginia, bringing along Grayson's friend, Fahim. So we had a good group. The weather was hot and not rainy for the first time in a couple of years. It did rain Sunday morning when we were packing up though.
I didn't take many pictures, but the kids had a great time playing in the lake while the grownups sat around visiting or cooking. It seems like we were hardly ever all in one place at the same time, but the campground took on a feel like what I imagine some neighborhoods were like in the olden days: Where they kids ran around and there were always enough grownups sitting around on porches to keep an eye on everyone.
Simon and Brie hit it off and they played together a lot. The older kids played pretty roughly in the water--lots of dunking and splashing. I got really mad at Alice because she went/snuck off to Anna's tent to play on Jess's phone with her a few times. I view camping as a sacred screen-free detox time, so I was super mad. I had several difficult moments with Alice on the trip, trying to get her to eat enough when she was hungry and mean. But overall, it was a pleasant weekend and I will try to focus on the good parts in my memories.





