We have our first swim meet of the season tomorrow, so today instead of a normal practice they had a mock-meet so the kids (especially the swimmers new to the team) could get the hang of it. Up until today, we've been going to every practice, but because the water was so cold, Simon sometimes wouldn't get in, and even if he did, he would just play around in the shallow end. He's an extremely stubborn kid, so I figured he'd come around the swim team when he was good and ready. I wasn't sure what he would do for the mock meet, but it turns out he swam his events just like they told him to. As Zac said, he just kind of shifted into obedient school mode and did what he was told.
Coach Robert and TSA Rep Angel get the kids ready for the mock meet. We're a small scrappy team.
First race: Simon's freestyle
Alice's freestyle
Simon attempts backstroke
I wanted to document these first races to hopefully show progress as the season goes on.

