Sunday, October 14, 2018

Mud Mountain

Sunday was the day before my big surgery. I was on a liquid diet in addition to having to take the bowel prep solution that would clean me out. On bowel prep days (I've had many due to needing colonoscopies every couple of years) I am grumpy and best left alone.  So I mainly stayed upstairs.

My mom flew in Sunday morning to be here to help take care of the kids while I am in the hospital (dad, just back from a trip to Big Bend in Texas with my brother would come on Tuesday).

The kids were also scheduled for a flu shot that afternoon, and on the way back, Zac let them get out and play on the big dirt hill near a construction site at the end of the neighborhood. We'd been driving by it for a long time, and today they finally got to see things from the summit.



The rest of the day they just played, while I emptied my poor diseased colon for the last time ever.