It was so good to be out of the hospital. It was a beautiful day and as Zac drove me home, I just couldn't get enough of the trees and sky.
Back at home, the kids were happy to see me. While I was in the hospital, I would call them and do FaceTime most evenings. Alice loved talking on the phone and I could tell she felt it was a very grown-up think to do. Simon was super cute and one time went under the couch with the phone to get some privacy to talk to me. But there's nothing like the real thing!
They both made me cards (I can't find Alice's) to welcome me home.
Simon was eager to share his card with me.
Then I just sat around and watched a movie with the kids and fell asleep in the chair.
Then my parents took the kids to the park to get some energy out, and so I could relax. Alice made some friends and ran around the park, while Simon diligently did work of his own design.