Saturday, September 10, 2016

Simon and the Cicada at Sean's birthday party

On Saturday morning, Zac went to help some friends move and I took the kids to Sean's birthday party. He's a kid in Alice's class from daycare, so I was hoping to see my daycare friends their and bond over having our kids in kindergarten all week, but it was mostly some dads of the younger crowd, so I just talked to one mom whose kid isn't starting kindergarten until next year. Anyway, it was still fun, but I was looking forward to having the old gang back together.

The good news is, right as we were walking in, Simon found a nearly dead cicada. Simon loves dead cicadas. So this kept him occupied most of the time and even got him some street cred with the older boys.





Alice made a card for Sean, who loves trains. Here she is explaining that the thing that looks like a giant caterpillar is really a train.


Sean's mom, who is a really sweet person, had arranged all sorts of train themed games for the kids. I didn't get to watch much because Simon and I were walking around looking for more dead cicadas.


Simon just ate the frosting off the cake (which resulted in very interesting green poop the next day).


Alice had a lot of fun climbing this wall. Here she is with Zachary and Austin.