Sunday, March 8, 2015

Swamp Creature

Zac took Alice to the swamp in the woods by the park this morning.  And he even let her bring the new shovel.  Alice could not have been happier.


Simon was miserable, however, because we wouldn't put him down and let him walk around in the swamp. I soon took him back to the regular part of the park, where he could wander around freely.  He mainly just picks up sticks and pine cones.


Alice used her little shovel and bowl to make what she called "swamp cake."


After playing in the swamp for a long time, the swamp monsters emerged from the woods and tried to rejoin civilization. Zac changed Alice into dry socks and shoes, and she played on the playground for a long time too.


There were no nap-time challenges today.  In fact, Alice fell asleep while I was still scratching her neck, so I surreptitiously snapped a photo of this sleeping beauty and her glowing, musical seahorse.