Saturday, March 28, 2015

Birthday party

On Saturday, we went to the birthday party for our friends' one-year-old twin girls. I always like to get ideas from other parents, especially about parties.  So far, we've gone to lots of kiddie parties, but haven't hosted one of our own.  We're toying with the idea of having one for Alice's 4th birthday this summer, but it always just seems like a lot of work.  This particular party, held by a mother who is a school teacher (but is currently a stay-home parent), was a good example of why I get intimidated at the thought of hosting a party.  I'm really lazy and I just have no interest in creating party favors or games or ordering fancy cakes.  Luckily, the daycare set that we're friends with usually have pretty low-key, laid back parties, so there's not actually much pressure.  But still.

This was a carousel-themed party (as is the them of the girls' bedroom). There were carousel balloons out front.  The cake was a carousel, but also the top of the cake table was decorated like a carousel (forgot to get a picture of that).  There were lots of decorations around the house too.



The party had a table for the kids to color, and also streamers attached to headbands and belts, so the kids could dress up as ponies.



One pretty cool thing, that I don't think would have worked for our kids, but with twin babies seemed like a great idea is a play area fenced off.


Anyway, it was good to catch up with some of our friends at a kid-friendly event.  I think I might put off Alice's birthday party for another year though.