Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Alice at the Arboretum

Tuesday, the second day of my spring break, Zac had to leave for work early, so I got the kids up and ready for school.  At breakfast, Alice was crying because of an earache.  She'd been complaining about earaches off and on for the last week, so I figured I should take her to the doctor.  So I dropped Simon off at school, and took Alice to the pediatrician.  Sure enough, she had a sinus infection and two ear infections.  Poor kid!  She must have a high pain tolerance though, because she was totally fine all day, and we didn't start the antibiotics until that night.

To make the most of my day off and Alice being banned from school for the day, we went to the arboretum on the way home from the doctor's and enjoyed the beautiful early-spring day. I really embrace these days to have one-on-one time with Alice.










At the end, Alice probably picked a hundred dandelions from this field. I gave her an empty plastic snack bag and she ran around plucking the heads off of every dandelion she could find.