I woke up to Alice laying in bed next to me reading.
Due to my illness, we hadn't been to Ohio since December 2017, so I hadn't packed for a big trip in a long time. I love travelling but hate packing. I always make the packing lists in google docs so I can just modify them for each trip and print them out, rather than creating them from scratch each time. When I pulled up the packing list for Ohio summer 2017, it was fun to delete things like "night diapers for Simon" that showed how much we had progressed in the past two years. Of course, I had to add things like "ostomy supplies" that also reflected major changes in our lives.
Packing took all day because the kids and neighbors were underfoot and there were a thousand interruptions to my scavenger hunt. A highlight of the packing experience was making sure Simon's new life-jacket fit.