Saturday, February 16, 2019

Puppet Workshop

Our friend Andrea told me about this free puppet workshop she signed her kids up for at NC State, so I signed us up too.  It's good to have other activities for chilly February weekends.

The workshop consisted of a lady (dramatic arts professor, perhaps) telling us a little about the history of puppets. Then she showed us some different types. Then we were each given a brown paper bag with some random supplies, and access to hot glue guns, and we set to work.

Simon was mostly interested in writing on the whiteboard table.


We all managed to make something, although I don't think I would describe any of them as puppets.


Alice dubbed mine "Zombie Granny" and took quite a liking to it.


Afterwards, we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch with Andrea, Glenn, and Murphy.


Simon and Alice then spent the afternoon playing at their house. The plan was for me to take Andrea's boys for a couple of hours on Monday (child trade).  When I picked the kids up at the appointed time, Simon was so sad to leave that he cried. He was also, it turned out, hungry. But he likes their house because Andrea has so many pets.