Friday, November 18, 2016

What I missed...

On Thursday, I left right after work to fly to Atlanta for the National Council of Teachers of English conference, which would last through the weekend. So Zac was on his own with the kids from Thursday evening to Sunday evening.

On Thursday, when he picked Alice up from school, they were having a book fair with food in the cafeteria, so they just joined in. Now if school only cared as much about children's bodies as their minds...


On Friday, Simon's daycare had their Thanksgiving Feast with the parents. I actually always dread this, so I honestly wasn't sad to miss it. Leaving work to have lunch with my kid just seems weird, given that I eat with my kid all the time, and it's not really the highlight of my day. In fact, it's a great source of misery.

But doesn't he look cute in a pilgrim hat?



So I got to enjoy several child-free days of intellectual pursuit and dinners out with my colleagues, while Zac got this:


He's a trooper.