On the Monday after I got back from the conference, we went to check out this house. I think it could be the one. The kitchen and bathrooms need updated, and lots of repairs are needed, but it has a great layout and location. I've been looking at houses online for a long time, years really, and we've gone to check out a few contenders in person. Most houses just have stupid floor plans, or are too open, or are too close to the neighbors, or the backyard is too small, or there aren't enough windows or good views, or...etc. There's always some fatal flaw. But this house has a great layout, good views, lots of windows, some privacy, is close to a greenway, and isn't too far from our jobs. It's probably a lot bigger than what we need, but we've felt so cramped for the last several years, that it just seems better to err on the side of having lots of space as the kids grow up. Plus, we love having visitors. There's even a neighborhood pool. Anyway, we'll see what happens.