Thursday, November 3, 2016

Early voting

We've had early voting going on here for about two weeks, but the lines were always quite long, so when I tried to go the first week, I chickened out. The idea of waiting in line for over an hour with Alice just seemed impossible. So I waited a week, and I figured Thursday afternoon (with Saturday being the last day) would be a good time to go. I wanted to take Alice with me to vote for our first female president, so I packed a voting survival bag, including snacks, water, books, and crayons.


Thankfully, it was beautiful day and most of the line was outside, so I was able to let Alice run around a bit. She actually did great, and only needed to partake of the snacks. We got through the line and voted in about 40 minutes total.


To celebrate, we explored the parking deck and I let her climb a tree on the way back.


Although we didn't cross paths, as we were heading out, Zac and Simon were arriving to vote. Zac reports that Simon spent the whole time in line looking for bugs, and eventually found a dried up worm.