Monday, July 18, 2016

Simon's 3-year-old wellness visit

I had Simon's annual wellness visit scheduled for Monday morning. I was worried he would throw a tantrum about having to stand on the scale or something, so I spent all morning prepping him on what was going to happen, how I wasn't going to leave him, and that if he did a good job cooperating the whole time, he could have some gummy worms afterwards.

He did a great job. He held my hand walking through the parking garage, but it soon became clear he wasn't quite sure what a doctor was. At first, he seemed to think the parking garage was the doctor. Then, I said it was a person, and he asked, "Is that the doctor?" for every person we passed. In the waiting room, his questions became more bizarre: "Does the doctor have feet?"

In the waiting room

Eventually, the nurse called us back and Simon did a great job standing on the scale and getting measured.


When the doctor came and talked with me a bit, he got a bit bonkers, but still did a great job cooperating. So as soon as we were in the car (after wiping hands with handiwipes) he got his hard earned gummy worms.


Back home, I compared his stats with Alice at this same age. He's about the same weight, but is two inches shorter.