Sunday, October 18, 2015

Halloween Preparations

To prepare for Halloween, we went to a little pumpkin stand on the corner of the road. We picked out some little pumpkins for the kids to take to school, and two large pumpkins to decorate our porch steps (and be carved later).  The kids had a lot of fun looking at all the pumpkins, especially the ones Alice called "ginormous."


After getting a few pumpkins, we stopped at Harris Teeter on our way home to pick up a few things. We also bought a skeleton. Alice said, "I want to put him in my room to scare away the rats!" You know, the rats that come makes nests in her hair while she's sleeping.


Back at home, Alice wanted to name the skeleton "Mr. Poopy." I said that wasn't a good name, so she suggested "Mr. Tooty." I realized this could go on for a while, so I suggested "Mr. Bones" and the kids approved. From then on, when they saw any other skeletons, such as in the spooky Thomas videos, Simon would shout, "Mr. Bones! Mr. Bones!"