Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

On Friday, the schools were still closed, but Zac went back to work so I was home with the kids all day.  To keep Alice occupied, I got out the shoe box where I put stickers and random craft supplies and had her make a Valentine for Zac.  There were some unsharpened pencils in the box, and Alice said, "I want to open them.  There's one in the closet at grandma and grandpa's house!"  (Translation: I want to sharpen these pencils.  There is a pencil sharpener in the closet at grandma and grandpa's house.)  That pencil sharpener must have made quite an impression!  For the time being, I'm letting her believe that we must travel all the way to Ohio for the pencils to be sharpened.

Most of the day, she did a good job entertaining herself.  She's becoming quite good at playing by herself, although she still tries to enlist the cat in a lot of her activities.


In other news, we've introduced the water bottle to Simon and he's getting better at drinking from it.


Sometimes his big sister likes to help him.


Simon is getting closer and closer to crawling every day, and he seems frustrated that he doesn't go anywhere when he flails his legs around.  We are waiting excitedly for this next milestone, while knowing that it's going to make our lives a lot harder.