Lady bugs
The scene: sitting at the dining room table. (Our house is infested with lady bugs.)
Alice: I want to see the lady bug's legs!
Sera: Ladybugs have six legs. How many legs do you have?
Alice: Two.
Sera: That's right. Do you want six legs like a ladybug?
Alice: Yes! I can be a lady bug. I can crawl up the there and daddy can suck me up!
(Zac uses a little dirt devil vacuum to suck up the lady bugs, which Alice greatly enjoys!)
Dream
The scene: Alice, waking up in her crib.
Alice: There were bodies in my bed with no faces. Here. And over there.
Sera: (Speechless)
Alice: I couldn't see their faces.
Sera: I think that was a dream.
Math
The scene: in the tent, playing with the adding machine
Zac: If you have two apples and I give three apples, how many do you have?
Alice: A lot of apples! I want to eat an apple.
(She leaves the tent, goes to the kitchen and gets an apple, comes back down and takes a bite out of it.)