Sunday, May 9, 2021

Mother's Day

 Every year, I dread Mother's Day. The day reminds me of what I should be and what I am not. But mostly, it's a hard day because I expect the kids to be on their best behavior and appreciate me, but of course they are incapable of that, and so it is just a normal day.  Well, this year we didn't plan a hike or anything special like that where we had to be together, so it was just a pretty normal day. It turns out that's the secret. I just need it to be a normal day where I don't need to focus on my ineptness as a mother.

Simon did pick a special boquet for me, which was very sweet.








Zac made angel food cake, which was pretty good. The only weird thing was he made it with honey, so it tasted a bit funny.