Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Kure Beach Trip Day #5: Enter the Cast Net

 On Tuesday night I sent Zac to the store to get some groceries, and he came back with a cast net that Simon had been requesting for quite some time. Wednesday was the kids' asychronous day, so they had a bit of independent work to do, but no live classes. So that meant Zac could take them to the beach all morning to try out the net, while I spied on them from the balcony during my breaks between classes.


The cast net helped them catch bait to catch bigger fish.



They came indoors for lunch and a bit of a break in the afternoon. I'm not surprised at my terrible posture and grumpy face. This is what work does to me!


In the afternoon, Zac stayed in and worked while I took the kids back down to the beach. It was my turn to try out the cast net, and we got lucky because there were so many schools of little fish in the surf that even with my poor casting, we still caught a bunch. Trying to keep them in the bucket was a different story.



Eventually we gave up and just let them back in the sea. Sort of.



It was another beautiful evening at the beach. I remember after two days, I was so stressed out and I was unsure how we would make it a whole week, but as we got used to our cramped quarters and got into a routine, it seemed like the week was flying by.


Another beautiful moonrise!