On Monday, we were off school for President's day and the kids had a dentist appointment in the morning. There's a greenway near the dentist, so I took the bikes and we went for a ride afterwards. Alice had had a fever Saturday and Sunday, but seemed fine Monday morning and said she wanted to do the bike ride. She faded pretty fast on the bike ride though, and I felt really bad for her. To her credit, she persevered, even although she must have felt awful. She took a nap when we got home.
The ride was just about 4 miles total, and we took a snack break half-way through. This little video is from the last leg, as we head back to the parking lot. It's so fun to ride bikes through the woods!
Side note: This is my first bike ride since my second surgery. It's been 3 months, and this is the first time that riding a bike didn't sound like torture to me. Glad I'm finally able to do it!