Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Gingerbread Houses

The kids' after school care program invited parents to join their kids for some gingerbread (graham cracker) house decorating on Wednesday. Reader, it was horrible. They had hand sanitizer, but no wipes or paper towels.  In addition to the stickiness, it was socially awkward for me. I hate parenting in public, and participating in activities designed to help parents bond with their kids are particularly excruciating. I suffer from mom imposter syndrome as it is, so I just generally shut down at these sort of things.  Plus, I like to just let the kids figure out stuff by themselves, with minimal help from me. I am not the parent who will do their children's project for them. And here's the proof:




The kids had fun anyway.
_________

Simon made another one with his class the next day at school. His teacher sent us this picture.