Simon and Elli play really well together. They are never bored, never fight, and never expect me to provide any sort of entertainment for them. The only problem is that most of their projects involve giant messes. If they play inside, they build forts and traps and things that always seem to involve the displacement of a lot of furniture, the dumping out of toys, and lots of scotch tape. If they play outside, it usually involves mud or water or chalk--or all three. They will clean up--when prompted and to the best of their ability--but it's hard to keep up with it all. So for the most part, I've just given up.
Here they are, right after an outfit change because they both got completely drenched doing who knows what.
A few minutes later, they were covered in mud from their next project...
...which I made them clean up before coming in for the night.
More and more, Simon can't make it all the way until bedtime before needing a shower. But who am I to interfere with this wonderful childhood?