Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Day #1

On Tuesday night, everything was closed or cancelled for the next day, in anticipation of a major snow storm. But in the morning, there was nary a speck of snow.

It started snowing at our house around 10:30am, but nothing was sticking for the first hour or so.


About two hours later, the snow was sticking (photo 12:44pm).


By 2:45 pm we had this:


By 5pm, I was wondering if we would ever go back to work and school.


We had 4 inches of snow on the deck railing. This is a lot for NC! And it was still snowing.


It was beautiful!


Alice and Parker made a snow creature.


So did Simon.


The neighborhood was transformed.




I took a walk after supper just because it is not dark at night in the snow. It was beautiful!
 



Even as a teacher whose schedule is severely disrupted by snow days, and a parent who is driven insane by staying home with kids, I can't not wish for snow. It is just so magical and beautiful.